Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Girl Who Cried Wolf

So I got home last night and was just minding my own business when my mother-in-law's phone rang. She answered and I could hear from her side of the conversation that someone slipped on some ice and fell and they think that they broke their arm. She was asking the person if they were going to go to Urgent Care but I guess they were going to go to the doctor the next day (today). My mother-in-law gets off the phone and this was the conversation that we had:

 
Me:Who fell and broke their arm?
Cheryl: Heidi did but that's not the worst of it...
Me: What, did she get fired from Target?
Cheryl: No... it's worse than that...

 
So I think to myself, What could be worse than getting fired from your job?

 
Me: What is it then?
Cheryl: Heidi has BREAST CANCER...

 
Now this is where we get into the "Girl Who Cried Wolf" part of the story...

 
Backstory

To say that Heidi has made up some tall tales or is prone to exaggeration is an understatement. To put it bluntly, Heidi is a BIG FAT LIAR. Here are some of the whoppers that I have heard, in no particular order of heinousness:

 
  • When she was young and they didn't have any money her mother made her steal... Verified lie by her mother
  • She left Kien finally because he beat her and she was afraid of him... Verified lie by Kien - he grabbed her and shook her but did not hit or "beat" her
  • She had herself checked into the mental hospital because she tried to commit suicide ... Not a "Verified" lie but certainly not 100% truthful as Minnesota Statute 253B.05 EMERGENCY ADMISSION states that if the examiner is of the opinion, for stated reasons, that the person is mentally ill, developmentally disabled, or chemically dependent, and is in danger of causing injury to self or others if not immediately detained. This detention is usually for 72 hours. Heidi was out in less than 24 hours. Like I said, maybe not a complete lie, but certainly an exaggeration.
And those are just to name a few... Notice that I didn't even mention the money she stole from Joe and I on our wedding night... oops. LOL

Get back to the point Jen...

 
Pretty much everyone has heard of Aesop's fable "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". The moral of that fable was Even when liars tell the truth, they are never believed. The liar will lie once, twice, and then perish when he tells the truth. It's the same for Heidi. She is such a liar that I just can't believe anything that comes out of her mouth.

Reasons why I don't believe Heidi:
  • There was no mention of a biopsy.  You have to have a biopsy in order to determine whether or not you actually have cancer and what stage it is in... which leads me to...
  • There was no mention of what stage of cancer she has
  • She "allegedly" has cancer in both breasts - one is the size of a marble and the other is the size of a pea - and found out about it a month ago.  Hello!  If you've known you have breast cancer do you sit on it for a month or do you start treating it right away?!
  • There is no family history of breast cancer in her family.  I guess someone has to be first???
Final Thoughts...
  • I think it's very convenient that "a month ago" she told Kien (her ex-husband since September or so...) about being diagnosed with "cancer" when it just so happens that about a month ago was when Kien was finally offered a job after being out of work for over a year. 
  • Heidi did go over to her father's house and told him and her stepmother and probably her sister about her diagnosis.  That's a risky move if you are faking an illness especially since her stepmom is a nurse.
  • She claims that eventhough there is no family history of breast cancer she was more likely to contract it because she has a condition where she gets cysts in her breasts.  I was informed by her aunt that she has the same condition and no doctor has ever warned her of an increased risk of contracting breast cancer.
The bottom line...
I don't think Heidi really has breast cancer.  I think that this is either her way of being the center of attention or it is a sympathy ploy to try to get back together with her ex-husband (which she has been trying to do basically since before the divorce was even finalized... eventhough SHE was the one that cheated, lied and said that another year of marriage to him was like being sentenced to another year in prison!)
I really hope that Heidi doesn't have cancer because despite the fact that I can't stand her and think she's a terrible human being and would be happy to never hear or see from her again... I would never wish this on anyone.  And if she actually does have cancer then I really hope that she is able to get treatment and get through it.

But what does Joe think???
Hey, if Heidi dies I get 5 days off paid for bereavement...

No comments:

Post a Comment